Here are a few holiday safety tips to help make this holiday season the best it can be.
Safety at Home
- When shopping for children, be sure to buy only age-appropriate toys.
- Watch pets and small children around ribbon. It can be a choking hazard.
- Use LED lights to decorate – they’re a lot safer than traditional bulbs, especially if they break.
- And finally, this is the perfect time of year to review your family’s fire safety plan.
- Safety While You Shop
With all of the money being spent during the busy holiday season, it’s no wonder criminals are out in full force. So here’s a safety tip to keep you from becoming a target for thieves. After using an ATM, be sure to take your receipt. In the hands of a criminal, your ATM receipt can tell them not just how much money you withdrew but even what your account balance is, making you a prime target for robbery. Avoid this scenario by taking your ATM receipt with you, not opting for a receipt or having it set up to email directly to you. We hope you have a safe and happy holiday shopping season.
Safety on the Road
The holiday season is one of the busiest travel times of the year.
- When travelling by car, be sure to buckle up and use car seats for younger children.
- Plan your trip. Don’t rely solely on GPS directions.
- Prepare an emergency car kit with food, water and blankets.
- And get plenty of sleep before driving, especially when travelling long distances
- Share your travel plans with a close family member.
- And finally, do not share your plans in social media.
- Follow these simple tips and make your holiday a great one!
- May the peace and joy of the holiday season be with you and your loved ones throughout the new year and beyond. Have a safe and happy holiday season.
When it is time to celebrate,
DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE.