On-Site Confined Space Rescue Training
Total Safety’s comprehensive hands-on rescue course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to identify hazards associated with confined spaces in the industrial setting. Rescuers must know how to recognize, evaluate, and develop a rescue plan when responding to confined space rescues. This program will give the prospective rescuer the knowledge and skills to safely and effectively perform timely rescues from many types of confined spaces. Combining classroom, equipment demonstrations, and hands-on training in the field, this course will provide participants with the skills necessary to effect a safe and timely rescue of an injured or incapacitated worker from a confined space predicament. Safety, teamwork, and team development skills are emphasized in all aspects of this program.
The following topics will be covered during the course of the program:
- Confined spaces within an industrial setting
- Applicable NFPA standards that impact rescue operations
- Confined space hazards, both physical and atmospheric
- Emergency protocols, size up and evaluation when responding to a confined space rescue
- A complete overview of rescue ropes and knots
- Instruction with rescue components including, hardware, harnesses, tripods, davit arms etc.
- Instruction with applicable confined space equipment including Gasdetektion, air monitoring, ventilation equipment, harnesses and lifelines etc.
- Practical instruction on raising and lowering systems
- Personal protective equipment including SCBA, SABA.
- Patient care and packaging
- Representative rescue exercises with full participation